Login

Microwaved Water Kills: See The Experiment

Written by dr. j. Posted in Health Matters

the microwave experiment I’ve been reading the discussion about my previous article on the dangers of microwave ovens and how I believe they are very bad for your health. It’s interesting how some people justify their continued use of them by stating that there is no definitive proof that they are bad!

One guy even stated that there are no studies that SHOW that they are bad for people…and until he saw one, he would just keep consuming microwaved foods.

Hummm…isn’t that where deductive reasoning is SUPPOSED to come in???

Well THAT was actually a pretty ludicrous statement because ‘they’ CANNOT do a study on humans whose KNOWN end results would be DAMAGE to the human! Plus, that experiment would have to go on for what, potentially YEARS, maybe even decades, just to prove it’s bad.

That’s what lower animals studies are for. They’ve already shown problems with microwaves in animals.

But maybe evidence from the plant kingdom will suffice?

Several years ago, I recalled seeing an experiment an elementary school kid did on the effects of cooled microwave water on plants. This was not her original concept. She had HEARD of the experiment and wanted to repeat it as her science fair project. Her grandfather helped her document it.

This experiment took place over a period of about 10 days. Why 10 days? Because that’s ALL it took for the microwaved water to KILL the plant.

Take a look at the study here. If a child could prove that microwaves are bad for the most basic green living organism (plants), then the corollary is that substance (microwaved water) is most definitely bad for a more highly evolved one (man).

Final question: How much water is in the human body? I wonder, if microwaves affect the water in your body just like the plant, what would that results be?

Not good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags: , ,

Comments (130)

  • Curtis Coburn

    |

    This is an interesting study. This does prove that microwaved water is bad for plants, but it has not proven that it is bad for humans. Us humans, it could possibly be bad for us, but the affect is so small that we will not notice if for many years, possibly even decades. So, is there a study, that if we consume more microwaved water than the average person, say 5 – 10 cups per day for 50 years, what do you think the affect would have on a human?

    Reply

  • Mary Zea

    |

    I had heard about this experiment and I thought of a question.  Did anyone try to duplicate this experiment with cooled stovetop boiled water?  Perhaps it isn’t the microwave or the container at all but the boiling?

    Reply

  • Krissa Kropschot Hatfield

    |

    my daughter and her classmate conducted an experiment using plants, spring water and spring water boiled in a microwave, and much to our surprise the plants watered with the microwave water not only lived but thrived! 

    Reply

  • Tom7railway

    |

    The only absolutely correct conclusion is that one plant survived after the other died. It is not good science to deduce that the dead plant was killed by the microwaved water ! If you want to prove something you have to repeat the experiment lots of times with strict controls. for example, there may be a harmful substance in the paper or the water used, which in time kills both plants, but one plant was healthier than the other to begin with so survived longer. Or could the microwaved water have been contaminated by the container it was heated in ?
    More and different experiments would need to be done to make any conclusions more logical.

    Reply

  • clueless

    |

    yea, there are a lot of subsequent studies which prove that microwaved water and non-microwaved water are still water. What do you think is physically different between the two?

    Reply

  • Mcknightt

    |

    OK … After reading more carefully … I have a followup observation …
    The real danger … and I do think there might be something here … is that the container used to hold the water while it was heated in the microwave might have leached something into the water that was detrimental to the plant …. although my original post about sample size still is a concern.
    mcknightt@heathwood.org

    Reply

  • Mcknightt

    |

    As a veteran science teacher I applaud you for conducting an experiment to test an hypothesis. I also wonder if you have been able to reproduce the results in a larger study. Questions that I have include why is it always the plant on the left that shows distress? What effect might the different diameters of vase have on the ability to keep the paper towel evenly wet. Why do the pictures of the potted plants all seem to have more wet soil showing in the left pot?
    Thanks for posting your results and I encourage you to continue developing your scientific research skills by repeating the study with much large sample sizes so that you can really claim a statistically significant result once you are done.

    Best regards,
    Tim McKnight
    MAT science education
    mcknightt@heathwood.org

    Reply

  • dr. j

    |

    @ Dan

    Thanks for your comment.

    However, if you read the science project site, both water sources were heated…and cooled.

    So, if it was just boiling it would drive out the oxygen, well, there should have been deleterious effects to the control.

    And cooling the microwaved water does not get rid of the microwaves immediately. That has been proven. There is a signature left on the water.

    There are numerous scientists that have done research on water memory. For further study, you might want to take a read into those.

    The other concern voiced by the 6th grader who did the experiment was INTENT. If she held an intent that she wanted the microwave water fed plant to die, did that, in fact, have any bearing on the result?

    Again, there are numerous researchers that have shown changes in water structure by intent.

    You can refence such books as, Messages In Water and the movie, What The Bleep Do We Know.

    Be well!
    cj

    Reply

  • Dan

    |

    Its not all that shocking. Try stove top boiled water, and probably the same result. The heating drives the gas out of the water. Most cuttings need some dissolved air to get going. Its ridiculous to think it was the microwaves that were the problem, water does not store that type of energy– when the microwave is off, the microwaves are gone.

    Reply

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Switch to Desktop Version